- European Parliament Brussels
EOS is pleased to invite you to attend a high level lunch debate entitled “Smart and Secure Digital Europe”, co-organised by EOS, ENISA and the Cabinet of MEP Michal Boni (EPP) on 21st April at the European Parliament from 12:30 to 14:30.
In light of the fast digital transformation and building upon a European Digital Single Market (DSM), the urgency to implement strong measures to protect data and network information systems against attacks and misuse while safeguarding our privacy is imperative.
Cybersecurity threats evolve rapidly and can affect not only our economies and security, but also impact the daily lives of citizens. Europe is seen as a trusted stakeholder when it comes to data security and the use of privacy enhancing technologies as a result of fruitful societal and high level political debates and actions. This status should be further safeguarded and developed with the support of competitive trusted European solutions allowing a certain level of digital autonomy.
Speakers will include:
- MEP Michal Boni (EPP), Member of the Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE) Committee as well as substitute at the Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) Committee of the European Parliament;
- Udo Helmbrecht, Executive Director of ENISA;
- Luigi Rebuffi, Chief Executive Officer, EOS;
- Luukas Ilves, Counsellor for Digital Affairs at Permanent Representation of Estonia to the EU;
- Bodo Lehmann, Cabinet Member of European Commissioner for Digital Economy & Society G. Oettinger, European Commission (To be confirmed)
This event will gather high level representatives from EU Institutions and Agencies, European security industry, national associations, Member States’ administrations and end-users, giving you the chance to network and actively participate in a structural dialogue on how to build a strong competitive European cybersecurity industry to support the construction of a smart, secure and privacy-aware digital Europe.
It will be an opportunity for EOS and its members to present to a wide panel of stakeholders the key recommendations outlined in our Cybersecurity Flagship Initiative and raise a public awareness on the current state of play of the European cybersecurity market. You are therefore warmly encouraged to contribute to the discussion during the lunch and voice your ideas.